All Contemporary Art artists have, or can create, their own page on artistsprocesses.com.
A Contemporary Artist is defined here as any artist born after 1931, who is not already well known for practicing another occupation and who satisfies at least one of the following conditions:
- Their main occupation is the production of Contemporary Art works
- They have taken part in at least 3 exhibitions held in venues devoted to art
- Most of their income is derived from the sale of their works.
The category of “contemporary artist” encompasses:
Artists who are part of the French or International art scenes:
These artists satisfy very strict criteria* in terms of participation in solo exhibitions during the period of 1987-2020 in venues which are themselves rigorously selected.
If an artist meets the criteria of the International Scene but does not feature on this site, you can complete and submit the artist's CV here ; For an artist who meets the criteria of the French Scene, click here
These are artists who enjoy considerable international recognition. Some may not meet the strict selection criteria for being considered part of the contemporary International or French art scenes, especially those who gained recognition before 1987.
The site includes a pre-completed page; content is determined by the following artist typology:
- For artists who are part of the International (I), French (F) or both (IF) art scenes:
- Specification of the art scene (I, F or IF) and their period of recognition on the International Scene
- Definition of their Motor-Means, and a list of all artists sharing the same Motor-Means
- Photos and videos of their work
- For Renowned artists:
- Photos and videos of their work (N.B. Non-contemporary artists do not have a page on the site)
- If applicable, art scene-related information
All other artists
All other artists can create a page including:
- Photos and/or videos of their work
- Their Motor-Means and a list of all artists sharing the same Motor-Means as long as it is selected from the list provided on the site